Your garbage bin (red lid) is serviced every week.
To check your bin collection day/week or for further information, please refer to the Find My Bin Day section of this page.
To assist with your waste disposal please refer to the education guides below;
What goes in the general garbage bin (red lid)?
The following items are accepted in your garbage bin;
- Bagged garbage
- Soft plastics such as plastic bags or packets/wrappers
- Tissues or paper towels
- Food scraps
- Garden materials e.g. grass clippings, small branches, weeds etc.
- Shoes, clothes or textiles
- Polystyrene (foam)
- Nappies, wipes and hygiene products
- Shredded paper
- Non-recyclable hard plastic such as toys, buckets, plant pots and washing baskets
- Crockery and cutlery
- Drinking glasses
- Window glass/mirrors
- Metal household items such as pans and coat hangers
- Waxed paper/cardboard
- Bagged animal droppings
- Disposable coffee cups
What can't I put in my Garbage Bin (red lid)?
The following items are not accepted in your garbage bin;
- Medical waste and syringes
- Building materials, e.g. bricks
- Soil and rocks
- Electronic waste (E-waste)
- Large metal objects, e.g. engine blocks
- Chemicals and chemical drums
- Motor oil
- Pressurised containers, e.g. Fire extinguishers and gas bottles
- Fluoro globes and tubes
- Motor oils and other oils
Looking for more information?
For more information about disposing of items that are not accepted in your garbage bin, please refer to the sections below:
Household hazardous waste can be dropped off free of charge at the Condobolin Waste Facility, Boona Road. Hazardous waste items include: batteries, fluoro globes and tubes, oils and paint.
What happens to my garbage?
After your garbage bin is collected, your waste is taken to Condobolin Waste Facility.
All the waste materials from the red lid garbage bins are buried in landfill. Recyclables or other recoverable materials that are placed into the garbage bin will not be sorted.