Have Your Say
Lachlan Shire Council is committed to open, accountable and responsive decision making, which is informed by effective communication and consultation between Council and the community.
By engaging in public consultation Council is offering you the opportunity to share ideas and discuss important topics and issues that shape and impact your community. By participating you can actively contribute to and inform Council's decision making.
Public consultation processes aim to:
- inform citizens, groups and organisations about specific decisions likely to affect them
- ensure all views are considered in planning and decision making
- create joint visions that speak to multiple interests and concerns
- initiate action to resolve issues and problems
- seek out and facilitate the involvement of those potentially affected
- provide participants with the information they need to participate in a meaningful way
- increase public confidence in local government and its management of local resources
Council regularly seeks community views on a range projects and plans via online consultations, surveys, workshops, focus groups and advisory committees.
Follow our Facebook page to hear about the latest projects and consultations.