- keeping their properties free of long grass and weeds, which may be a fire hazard or harbour vermin, and
- ensuring their properties are kept clean and tidy, so there is no accumulation of unsightly objects or materials when viewed from the outside.
How Council Deals with Overgrown Premises
- Take pride in the appearance of your home.
- Store goods out of sight in your garage or shed.
- Put your rubbish out weekly and take advantage of Council's kerbside collection service for hard waste and green waste.
- Store objects or materials out of view but ensure they do not harbour vermin. Dispose of old vehicles and machinery - some metal recyclers may collect and remove them free of charge.
- Cut or slash your overgrown vegetation (whether dead or alive) and dispose of it responsibly, such as composting in an appropriate compost bin.