Pre-lodgement advice can help to:
- Identify important issues that need to be considered and addressed in development applications;
- Meet planning objectives in Council's Local Environmental Plan and Development Control Plans;
- Make the design and development assessment process clearer to someone who is developing in Lachlan Local Government Area for the first time or for sites with exceptional characteristics such as heritage or environmental impacts; and
- Minimize processing times and the need to modify proposals.
- While every care is given to provide advice, applicants must make sure they understand site constraints, zoning and development control requirements. It helps to engage professionally qualified people with a portfolio of successful and well designed developments to prepare applications.
How do I arrange a Pre-Lodgement Meeting?
- Contact Council's Environment and Planning Department on 6895 1950 to arrange a time.
- Supply information to Council staff one week before the meeting so that they can prepare for your meeting.
What information is needed for a Pre-Lodgement Meeting?The following list provides the minimal information that should be presented to Council staff:
- Site Plan showing boundary lines, site dimensions, north point drawn at an appropriate scale.
- A concept plan or detailed plans showing indicative floor plans and elevations for proposed buildings or activity.
- A summary statement about environmental effects to address:
the permissibility of the land use/development and a summary of the planning controls;
variations from planning controls, the justification and how the objectives of the controls will be met;
site issues particular to the development site;
environmental issues particular to the development site, including significant vegetation, mainstream or overland flooding, or heritage;
social issues particular to the development , both any benefits or impacts;
economic issues particular to the development, both any benefits or impacts; and
infrastructure issues including traffic and services.
Application pre-lodgement advisory serviceA core responsibility of the Environment and Planning Department is advisory and lodgement. An increased emphasis has been placed over time on the importance of ‘front ending’ the process to make for a smoother more efficient, issue free experience once a development application is lodged.
There are three main ways pre-lodgement advice can be obtained by customers:
- Council’s website
- Customer Service Counter
- Pre-lodgement Meeting