Lachlan Shire Council Aboriginal Advisory Committee Terms Of Reference Purpose
- provide advice, direction and recommendations to Council on projects, programs, policy and initiatives relevant to Aboriginal people;
- provide advice on how Council's services are developed and delivered so they are culturally inclusive, sensitive, appropriate and accessible to Aboriginal people; and
- provide Council's Community Engagement Network: Council Connect @ Lachlan with links and greater access to the broader Aboriginal community in the Lachlan Shire Local Government Area (LGA).
- Equality; and
- Access and Equity.
- Nine community representatives who identify as Aboriginal;
- Two Lachlan Shire Councillors as nominated annually by Council;
- General Manager, Lachlan Shire Council; and
- Director Community Services and Governance, Lachlan Shire Council.
- identify as Aboriginal; and
- live, work, study or have cultural links to the Lachlan Shire Council area.